- Personal Information Collected
- Credit Check
- Use and Sharing of Personal Information
- Non-Personal Information Collection and Use
- Credit and/or Debit Card Transactions
- Security of Your Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Deleting, Modifying and Updating Your Information
- Contact Us
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Personal Information Collected
When you contact ONIT Home® by telephone in order to purchase ONIT Home® products and/or services, an ONIT Home® representative may request additional information over the telephone including, without limitation, your: (i) full Social Security Number; (ii) credit card, debit card or other payment information; and (iii) any other information requested by the ONIT Home® representative.
If you call a telephone number listed on the Site, we may collect personal information from you, including your name and telephone number through caller identification and reverse call technology. We also may record the telephone conversation. We record the telephone conversation to track the performance of our advertisements and for quality assurance purposes. We do not record calls for the purpose of collecting your personal information. If we intend to record a telephone conversation with you, we will notify you before the conversation begins.
Please note, a basic credit check may be required for approval when you attempt to order services from ONIT Home® on the website, or over the telephone from one of our representatives. In order to protect your identity and complete the credit check, ONIT Home® requires your Social Security Number. We use your Social Security Number to check your credit through Equifax® and, in some cases, TransUnion®. Specifically, in most cases we use Equifax Decision Power® to conduct most credit checks. When you enter your information on Step 2 of the site-ordering process and click the “Next” button, your encrypted information is transmitted through the Equifax® system to review your credit. We recommend entering your information as well as that of your spouse/co-applicant when you are submitting your ONIT Home® products and/or services order. Once ONIT Home® has run your credit through the applicable credit agencies, you will receive a message to proceed with your ONIT Home® order, and then be alerted when your on-line order has been processed. Otherwise, you will be directed to call ONIT Home® at: +1-833-433-0331.
If you have any questions regarding the aforementioned credit check and approval process, please call us toll free at: +1-833-433-0331.
Equifax® and Equifax Decision Power® are registered trademarks of Equifax, Inc. (“Equifax”). TransUnion® is a registered trademark of TransUnion LLC (“TransUnion”). Please be advised that ONIT Home® is not in any way affiliated with Equifax or TransUnion, nor are the Site Offerings endorsed, administered or sponsored by any of the foregoing entities.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
Non-Personal Information Collection and Use
Please see our Provisions for California Residents below for more details regarding the categories and types of non-personal information collected.
Computer IP Addresses/Browser Type. We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information about you and your computer when you visit many of the pages of the Site. This non-personally identifiable information includes, without limitation, the type of browser that you use (e.g., Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer), your IP address, the type of operating system that you use (e.g., Windows or iOS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Verizon, AT&T). We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of the Site Offerings and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze usage of the Site Offerings.
Credit and/or Debit Card Transactions
Cross Device Tracking
ONIT Home® reserves the right to transfer and/or sell aggregate or group data about Users of the Site Offerings for lawful purposes. Aggregate or group data is data that describes the demographics, usage and other characteristics of Users as a group, without disclosing personally identifiable information.
Social Media Websites and Widgets
If you engage in any interaction with ONIT Home®, other Users or any third-party on any Social Media Pages, you should be aware that: (a) the personal information that you submit by and through such Social Media Pages can be read, collected and/or used by other users of these websites/services (depending on your privacy settings associated with your accounts with the applicable Social Media Websites), and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or otherwise to contact you without your consent or desire; and (b) where ONIT Home® responds to any interaction on such Social Media Pages, your account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members/users of ONIT Home Service’s® social media accounts. We are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit on any Social Media Websites.
In addition, the Site contains Social Media Website widgets and buttons (“Widgets”), such as the Facebook® and Twitter® share buttons. These Widgets may collect your IP address, as well as which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a Cookie on your browser to enable the Widget to function properly. The Widgets are owned and operated by the applicable Social Media Websites. The Social Media Websites operate independently from ONIT Home®, and we are not responsible for such Social Media Websites’ interfaces or privacy or security practices.
Your interactions with the Social Media Pages and Widgets are governed by the privacy policies of the applicable Social Media Websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of the Social Media Pages and/or Widgets with which you interact to help you understand those Social Media Websites’ respective privacy practices. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of any Social Media Pages and/or Widgets that you use, please refer to the applicable Social Media Website’s privacy notices or policies.
This Site may contain links to third-party owned and/or operated websites including, without limitation, Social Media Websites, as well as the websites of other third parties. ONIT Home® is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. In some cases, you may be able to make a purchase through one of these third-party websites. In these instances, you may be required to provide certain information, such as a credit card number, to register or complete a transaction at such a website. These third-party websites have separate privacy and data collection practices and ONIT Home® has no responsibility or liability relating to them.
Security of Your Personal Information
Please see our Provisions for California Residents below for more details regarding the personal information of minors. Visitors under eighteen (18) years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their personal information at the Site. ONIT Home® does not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under eighteen (18) years of age.
Deleting, Modifying, and Updating Your Information
Transfer of Personal Information Internationally
Filing a Complaint With the Federal Trade Commission
To file a complaint regarding our privacy practices, please FTC Complaint Assistant site.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Categories of Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular CA User or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from CA Users within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, telephone number, or other similar identifiers
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, postal address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or State identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information)
D. Commercial information
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
E. Biometric information
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a CA User's interaction with a website, application or advertisement
G. Geolocation data
Physical location or movements
H. Sensory data
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
I. Professional or employment-related information
Current or past job history or performance evaluations
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated CA User information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Directly from our CA Users. For example, from online registration forms that our CA Users submit to us, or phone calls made to our representatives, in connection with the products and/or services that we offer by and through the Site.
- Indirectly from our CA Users. For example, through information we collect from our CA Users in the course of providing our products and/or services to them.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on the Site, as well as via certain tracking technology after you leave the Site. This includes the type of browser that you use (e.g., Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer), your IP address, the type of operating system that you use (e.g., Windows or iOS) and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider. In addition, we obtain certain Site usage details and analytics as same are collected automatically by us and our third-party partners. This includes the advertisements that you click on and interact with, the pages of the Site (and other websites) visited and items purchased/added to your cart.
- When our CA Users interact with us on our social media accounts, including commenting on and/or liking our posts.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the products and/or services that we offer to our CA Users. For example, third-party entities that assist us in sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from CA User lists, analyzing data and providing marketing analysis.
- From third-party data brokers or aggregators.
- From publicly available sources, such as Internet search engines.
Use of Personal Information
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in connection with your purchase of the ONIT Home® products and/or services, we will use that information to process your purchase.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us.
- To conduct credit checks in connection with your purchase (or attempted purchase) of the ONIT Home® products and/or services. In particular, we use your Social Security Number to check your credit through Equifax® and, in some cases, TransUnion®.
- To provide you with email, direct mail and telemarketing messages concerning certain ONIT Home® products and/or services, as well as third-party products and/or services, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To deliver relevant Site content to you.
- To serve you relevant advertisements on the Site, and on third-party websites when you exit the Site, and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising that we serve.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Site’s Terms and Conditions.
- To improve the Site and better present its contents to you.
- For customer service purposes and to respond to inquiries from you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety, and that of our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
Sharing Personal Information
When we disclose personal information to a third-party service provider or other entity, we enter into a contractual relationship that describes the purpose for which such third-party may use the personal information and requires that third-party to both keep the personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose other than the performance of its services under the applicable contract. Please note, we do not collect information from CA Users or Users that we actually know are less than eighteen (18) years of age and we do not share or sell the personal information of CA Users or Users that we actually know are less than eighteen (18) years of age. Without limiting the foregoing, we have not shared or sold the personal information of CA Users or Users that we actually know are less than sixteen (16) years of age in the preceding twelve (12) months.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have shared your personal information (including (a) your full name; (b) your e-mail address; (c) your telephone number; (d) your zip code; (e) your CID/account number (where you are already an ONIT Home® Product account holder); (f) your Social Security Number; and (g) your credit card and/or debit card information) for the business purposes set forth above.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
California Customer Records personal information categories
Internet or other similar network activity
- Our lead providers
- Service providers
- Third-parties who provide payment processing services in connection with the products and/or services purchased on the Site.
- Third-parties, such as Equifax® and TransUnion®, who provide credit check services on users who purchase (or attempt to purchase) the products and/or services that are available for purchase on the Site.
Your Rights and Choices
Opt-Out from the Sale of Your Personal Information
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Calling us at: +1-833-433-0331; or
- Sending us U.S. mail to: ONIT Home®, 2701 Brown Trail, Suite 200, Bedford, TX 76021
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third-parties with whom we have shared that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable CA User request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our (their) records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our obligations in connection with our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech rights, ensure the right of another CA User to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with CA User expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion Rights
- Emailing us at: email@example.com;
- Calling us at: +1-833-433-0331; or
- Sending us U.S. mail to: ONIT Home®, 2701 Brown Trail, Suite 200, Bedford, TX 76021.
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to all verifiable CA User requests within forty-five (45) days of the receipt thereof. If we require more time (up to ninety (90) days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the receipt of your verifiable request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable CA User request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; and/or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.